Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Audition Purgatory: Day #1

Auditions went down last night...from 6:30-10:00. Freaking forever. What made it worse was that I knew I was going last. So I had to watch every single competitor perform before me, knowing we were all up for the same parts. Granted, they were also auditioning for Enchanted Attic, which I'm not auditioning for, but still. There's only two female parts in Barefoot in the Park, and I want one of them. Most likely the mother, since that's what I'm built for.

When it actually came time for my monologues, I really think I did well. I did a piece from "Heads" by Jon Jory and a piece from "Plaza Suite," also by Neil Simon. I wanted to demonstrate I could be a mother and deliver Simon's lines.

I think I did well. I kinda peeked a little and I think I have a callback. Think, hope, pray...yeah. I want a callback really badly.
blog comments powered by Disqus