Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Audtions on both sides of the table

I really don't know how to feel about this...mixed emotions...nervousness, excitement...

I hate auditions.

So it's a lot hatred, I guess.

See, from 6:30 to 10:00 I will be in the University Theater with my grown up clothes and my expressionless director face, watching actors come in and pour out their monologues. I will then write unintentionally scathing remarks like "too cutesy," "doesn't understand the part," and "NO" on my pages, and then decide whether or not they are worthy to get a callback for my play.

But then at 10pm, it will be my turn to stammer out some monologues and pray I'm deemed worthy.

Yeah, I really hate auditions.

We're casting for two plays- Enchanted Attic and Barefoot in the Park. I'm one of the directors for Enchanted Attic, but I really want to be in Barefoot. Who knows how this'll go? I'm pretty nervous, but I've got my monologues. So we'll just see.
blog comments powered by Disqus