Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back from hiatus!

Whew! That was a much longer hiatus than I thought! I haven't even been doing all that much; it's just...well, life gets crazy, and my internet access at home is not very reliable. But I really feel bad about not roll-calling on SITS and getting back to all the wonderful people who commented. I feel like a mooch.

But in any case...what have I been up to?

-Christmas was lovely! I got the marvelous pink Schwinn I've been lusting after since August, plus a MASSIVE external hard drive and a nicer USB mic than the one I've been using.

-Lots of cooking. And when I say lots, I mean five or six batches of cookies, mini pumpkin cheesecakes, Christmas dinner, peppermint pie, and so many appetizers I can't count them. Anyone up for some delicious holiday recipes?

-Riding aforementioned bicycle. Now, the last time I rode a bike, I was eleven, and I flipped off and cracked my skull and swore I would never ride a bike again. Naturally, I have some reservations about riding again, but I've been doing it anyway. Besides, it's a great workout- that bike is so heavy that my legs can barely pedal it up!

-Scoping out apartments in Smyrna. P and I are looking for a place there, since it's halfway between his school and where I will most likely find work. He took me out on a date there. It was great. We were so honeymooney over each other it was ridiculous.

-Some sewing. Mostly just fun little things, but I hope to tackle my GINORMOUS pile o' projects soon.

-Lots of Sims 2 gaming. P gave me Bon Voyage for Christmas, and it's so addicting. I play it in waves. I've started a new challenge neighborhood. Ooh, fun!

-I started writing Beatrice and the Greenfinch Carnival, the sequel to my first book, Beatrice and the Cat. Hopefully I can tell you about some of that soon. ;)

So yeah. That's what I've been up to. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of regular blogging soon. I miss it. :(
blog comments powered by Disqus