Saturday, May 30, 2009

Whose Powerade was that?!

OMG. I love having days off to play in Disney World. I went to Typhoon Lagoon (for the first time), then Fantasia Gardens, then Downtown Disney with Carissa. So much fun!

Lowlights:
-Um...none, really. The weather was nice and everything was a lot of fun.

Highlights:
-I went to Typhoon Lagoon with Carissa, one of my roommates. I rode the raft slides- Mayday Falls, Keelhaul Falls, and...uh...the Something-Or-Other Falls. I skipped out on the Crush 'n' Gusher, though. Not quite ready for that one.

-Carissa and I headed out to the Fantasia Gardens mini-golf course...$6 for cast members! We met her old roommate Krystina there, who's a seasonal CM...she's friends with Minnie Mouse, among others. We sucked, but we had so much fun.

-We went to DTD and grabbed dinner at Earl of Sandwich, then shopped around. I traded for a super rare Meet the Robinsons pin, and bought some killer Alice in Wonderland pajamas. "Killer" and "pajamas" don't really seem to belong in the same sentence, but seriously. They're awesome.

-Krystina had to head out, but Carissa and I went to see Up at the 11:30 showing. I love being a cast member...where else can you pay $6 for a nighttime movie ticket?! The movie was amazing. It's definitely the most emotional of all of Pixar's films, which is saying something. The montage in the beginning with Carl and Ellie is just heartrending. And then it's hysterical at the same time. The parks are selling a shirt with Dug the dog on it that say "I have just met you and I love you" and I'm so going to buy it.

On Thursday, though. When I get my paycheck. Money's awesome.

You may have heard that EPCOT stands for "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow." Which it does. But it also stands for "Every Paycheck Comes On Thursday."

Or "Every Person Comes Out Tired."

Or. "Excruciating Polyester Costumes of Torture."

Take your pick.
blog comments powered by Disqus