Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010!

Well, 2009 is over. And it was...eventful. Extremely eventful.

What did you do in 2009 that you've never done before?
-Directed an entire show
-Turned 22
-Celebrated three years together, two years of engagement, and one year till the wedding
-Dragged Patrick around Disney World!
-Had four big onstage roles

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, let's see. Last year I vowed to...

-Write a page in my second novel every day. HA! That didn't happen. But I'm at least on chapter seven, so that's progress.

-Practice voice more often. Eh, hit or miss. I definitely practice more than I used to.

-Exercise more regularly. Definitely more, but still not consistent.

-Watch less television. LAWLZ. I think I watched more TV this year than I did the year before...but that's mostly because I have to have something on when I'm sewing or writing.

As for this year's resolutions...yeah, they're happening.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. I have a feeling I'm going to be the first person in my circle of friends to have a baby...so...wait a few years...and there will probably be a little Trevathan around.

Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather passed away in September from pancreatic cancer.

What countries did you spend time in this year?
Just this one!

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A husband, a decent apartment, and a job. At least one of those is taken care of...

What dates from 2009 will remain etched on your memory, and why?
September 28th. See three questions higher.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably playing Miriam Goldman in Beau Jest. I worked so hard for that show, and it paid off in a major way. And I found out that the show was cast around me, so that was nice for my poor little bruised ego (see the majority of theater-related blog entries from 2008 and early 2009.)

What was your biggest failure?
Not doing as well in my classes as I would have liked.

Did you suffer any serious illness or injury?
No, thank goodness. I did my time in 2007-2008. Shingles in the fall, mono in the spring. It was terrible.

What was the best thing you bought?
My new laptop, Spock. And my car, the Mach 5.

Where did most of your money go?
Well, I made very little money in the spring, made a lot of money in the summer, and then spent it slowly in the fall. So basically...living expenses. That sucks.

Compared to last year, are you...

...happier or sadder?
Happier. Mostly due to the fact that I finally regained the confidence that I lost throughout 2007-2008.

...thinner or fatter?
I'm fatter than I was in the summer, but thinner than I was this time last year. So...yay?

...richer or poorer?
About the same.

What did you get really excited about?
Working at Disney again!

What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had more time to hang out with friends, but I was working in the Happiest Place on Earth and doing SEVEN shows. So...now that I have too much free time on my hands, I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

Did you fall in love in 2009?
I fell in love four years ago, but I will say that Patrick and I are more than "in" love. We love each other.

(and everyone just threw up a little bit. At least I'm not proclaiming "Welcome to 2010, the year of our wedding! EVERYONE MUST CELEBRATE WITH US BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER BE AS ROMANTIC AS WE ARE, SO YOU BETTER BE ENJOYING THIS VICARIOUSLY.")

How many one-night stands?
Um...doesn't this question sort of negate the previous one? But in any case, the answer is no.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of. I don't really have a hit list or anything.

What was the best book you read?
Oh, wow. Um...I read my favorite book, Little Women, four times this year. Does that count? Honestly, though, I can't think of a new book I read that I really, really adored.

What did you get and not get?
Nothing, really. I'm quite satisfied.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 22 this year. I spent my birthday in the theater- we had a matinee and an evening performance of Enchanted Attic.

What one thing could have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting married in 2009 instead of 2010. But we're down to 70 days, and I can do that.

Who do you miss?
My Disney family!

Who was the best new person you met?
My Disney apartment mates- Shana, Sam, and Carissa. And Adriana totally counts too. Love them!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
Sometimes it's exhausting to work your ass off, but it pays off in the end.

What sums up this year in a quote?
"Isn't that niiiiice?" (the Beau Jest catchphrase)

And to close...my 2010 resolutions!

-Get married.

-Lose weight.

-Actually try to get Beatrice published.

-Finish ALL my half-finished sewing projects.

Happy New Year, everybody!
blog comments powered by Disqus