Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Playing Dress-Up

Today I took my pretty, pretty princess dress in for alterations. It was so nice to put it on again, in all of it satiny, sparkly, pick-uppy glory.

I wasn't quite prepared, though, for how much will have to be changed. It's going to be gorgeous, but still. So much tweaking!

So what's going to happen to my princess dress?

-Altering the straight-across neckline to a sweetheart neckline

-Tweaking the straps so they'll lie more off-the-shoulder.

-Letting the sides out a little. :(

(I'm definitely going to up the ante on the whole working-out-and-eating-better thing. And definitely more work on my back squish!)

-hemmmmmmms. Because I'm shoooooooort.

-A delicious 13-point French bustle. It looks like somebody tossed a handful of whipped cream on me. In a good, yummy sort of way.

And here's what my pretty dress looks like:


I'm starting to debate my hairstyle, though. I know I definitely want it down, with loose curls, but I don't know if I want it in a half-back. Maybe I can just pin the sides back or something. I don't know.

In the meantime, my dress will be in surgery until the middle of February. I can't wait to see what it looks like then!
blog comments powered by Disqus