Friday, November 14, 2008

Audition Purgatory: Day #3

Callbacks for Enchanted Attic went down last night. They went really well, although I think the improv actually did more to cast them than the cold readings. There were some great surprises too- one girl in particular. I'm going to wait until after everyone's cast before I discuss them...not that anyone who auditioned reads this blog, but just to be safe.

Of course, I won't be able to know who has which part until Mike the Almighty Director holds his callbacks on Monday...so I won't know if I have a part until right before Thanksgiving. Augh.

However, there is one thing I realized. There are, I think, seven girls called back for the role of Ethel. I am one of them. Four of those girls were called back for Enchanted Attic, three of them have been lined up for parts and we're probably going to get them. That leaves four girls still in the running.

Contestant #1: A fantastic actress, but she's also called back for Corie and we think she'll get the part.

Contestant #2: Another amazing actress, but she's younger and has an accent.

Contestant #3: Terrific musical theater actress...not so good at straight theater. My personal thought is that since she was so good as the Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Mike the Almighty Director wanted to see her read. She's called back for Corie and the mom, but I know she can't play old.

And Contestant #4 is me.

Honestly, I feel like it's between me and Contestant #1, but I really feel she'll get the part of Corie. Everyone's money is on her. And I've played a lot of older characters, so I feel I have at least a bit of an edge. Plus, I called a friend of mine and he's going to coach me this weekend on the two callback scenes.

I hope I get the part.
blog comments powered by Disqus