Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Audition Purgatory: Day #7...or is it #8?

I think it's day #8...

I don't really want to talk about callbacks. I looked fantastic, if I do say so myself (if you go here you can see my amazing outfit), and I think I did well with the improv, and I felt like I did a great job with the cold reading...but Mike the Almighty only had me read once. Either I was just a train wreck, or the one reading was so strong that he didn't need to see me again. Let me tell you, those are two wildly different options, and I don't know how it's going to go down. I was a bit of a wreck afterwards (read: broke down and sobbed), but Erin consoled me, and Shannon (who is an ACU person and knows MTAD really well) said that she felt the strongest auditioners for the role of Ethel were me and Becca. So I have no idea. Really, no idea at all.

If we can get ahold of Ash, we're duking out the cast list with Mike the Almighty Director tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to know then if I have a part...I certainly hope so.

On the theatrical upside, we did our first run-through of act 2 for Shorts. MTAD was very pleased with my work and my actors and only had a few minor notes for me. And...I do have to say that mine was the strongest of the three scenes for the 2nd act. Scene #1 is good, but the blocking is very flat, and Scene #3 is so talky that the actors kept getting lost...and the scene lasted an hour.

Now in other news...to get my mind off the drama that is theater...

I spent about two, three years writing a book. I finished it this summer with a grand total of 360 handwritten pages. I typed it up...and then I forgot about it. So now I'm trying to edit it so I can finally let my friends read and critique it. Some of them are chomping at the bit, so I should probably finish it soon.

...and now I've run out of non-theater things to talk about.

Crap.

Is it Friday at 5pm yet?
blog comments powered by Disqus