Saturday, September 26, 2009

When sleep is not an option

My sleep patterns are totally and completely off. It's dreadful. I have to get to the theater to get ready for tonight's performance of Beau Jest, and I simply can't fall asleep. I was going to take a nap, but I was in that "tired-but-not-sleepy" stage.

Oy.

Guys and Dolls rehearsal this morning went well. I got the blocking for "Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat" pretty quickly, so that was nice. I managed to get through this morning without too much turmoil, but right afterwards my friend Lindsey asked how I was doing and I just broke down and bawled. My grandfather's funeral is tonight, and I can't be there, and it hurts. But Lindsey and Carter hugged me and prayed over me and reassured me, and I felt better. I'm still not fantastic, but I'm better.

But it's time to go tease my hair, slip on my bangle bracelets, and yammer in a Yiddish accent while patting everyone on the cheek. I need to bring the energy for tonight's performance!
blog comments powered by Disqus