Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mostly weddings!

Only two exams left- Advanced Acting in two hours and Shakespeare's Tragedies tomorrow. Voice jury was yesterday, and I think I nailed it. I sang two pieces- "Shy" from Once Upon a Mattress as my musical theater piece and "Le Charme" as my art piece. And even though I've been speaking French (not quite fluently, but still) since I was eight, I cannot sing in it. Oh, well. I think I got an A anyways, and that's all that really matters. ^_^

I think the scenes are going to go well, too. Ted needs a lot of direction, but I think it's going to work out. And Melissa and I are pretty awesome. I use a Southern accent for the character now, and I think that made it click for me. I'm going to practice before the exam, so hopefully all will go well.

I finished reading Battle Royale last night. Think Lord of the Flies set in Japan, with fifty fourteen-year-olds, and even more gory. Yeah. It makes you think, but it's really disturbing. Don't read it unless you're not squeamish. Which, incidentally, I typically am, but it all worked out.

There's a polka dot wedding dress featured in an issue of Martha Stewart that I DESPERATELY want to find. It's a Carolina Herrera (which means I can't afford it) but I love it so much!! There's really three dresses that I absolutely love (and they're all too expensive).

Justina McCaffrey (Theodora):
Kristie Kelly for Disney Fairy Tale Weddings (one of the Belle designs):

Michelle Roth:

Carolina Herrera:

It's going to be tricky to find a wedding dress because

#1: I'm on a major budget.

#2: I'm very short, but I have a very curvy figure

#3: I want something with a flattering sweetheart neckline, a full skirt but not too full, and something I can tie a blue sash on.

But I'm very opinionated on my dress. I'm using my Director Eye for the Full Stage Picture on this wedding, and...

...and...

...and it's an Alice in Wonderland theme.

A lot of people look at me funny when I say that. I'm known for being a huge Disney freak, but really. When you work at Disney World, you have a license to be a fan. (I was a Tour Guide on the Great Movie Ride, if you're wondering.) And I adore Alice in Wonderland.

A bunch of us were watching Family Guy last night, and I had my laptop, so I played around with a theme board. This is only a partial one...but what do you think?

blog comments powered by Disqus