Monday, February 9, 2009

Musical Monday #4!

I love this song. Love, love, love. Love it to the point that P and I are using it as our first dance at our wedding. ^_^

Disney's a big deal to me. So when a lot of their recent films turned into stupid effing trainwrecks that were made only to make money but failed anyway (Home on the Range, The Wild, etc.) I was pretty broken up about it.

Then I saw Meet the Robinsons. It was supposed to be released six months earlier than its final release date, but John Lasseter said he wanted the film pushed back so they could work on it. It was worth it. It's the first movie in a long time that felt like an actual Disney movie. Sure, it's got its rough spots, but it's a clever, emotionally charged story.

The last part made me bawl. Throughout the whole film (I'll try not to make these into big spoilers) twelve-year-old orphan Lewis is looking to the past for answers, but everyone keeps telling him to "keep moving forward." The movie closes with a quote from Walt Disney that says..."Keep moving forward."

Not only do I love this film, but this song's lyrics are perfect for a wedding song, especially for me and P, who have been engaged for nearly two years...it'll be three years by the time we finally get married. And we've been through a lot in our fairly short lives- a fifteen year history of depression for me, and a year-long illness for him. The words of this song are just perfect.

So here it is. "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas, from the movie Meet the Robinsons.

blog comments powered by Disqus