Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dress hunting!

IF YOUR NAME IS PATRICK TREVATHAN, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO READ THIS.

GO AWAY.

I STILL LOVE YOU, BUT SHOO.

kthnxbai

*coughs* All right, now that P's not reading...

I tried on wedding dresses for the first time today. Pretty nervewracking, let me tell you. It has to fit just right, it has to look just right, and, most importantly, it has to cost just right.

Well, I headed over to a shop called Arzelles in West End with Kat (my MOH) and Rose (a BM and one of my bestest friends ever) and Mum (my mother...well, duh.). I tried on four or five dresses, but there were two that just stuck out to me. They're the exact same price, and they're both from Mikaella.

#1262
and #1360:

The first one was suggested to me by Leslie, the girl helping me. It didn't look all that appealing on the rack, but it looked really good on me. The second I pulled myself, but Leslie told me she was already thinking of suggesting it to me because it fit the criteria I listed- sweetheart neckline, soft, and a nice price. Both of them looked good on me (which I was kind of afraid of...I didn't think anything would suit my weirdly built frame!) but the second one suits me a little more.

Rose took pictures of me in these two and one other dress...maybe I'll post them so you can see what I look like (as long as P doesn't peek!).

It was an odd experience, though. I've prepared myself for so long to try on wedding gowns that when I saw myself in the mirror for the first time in the white gown and the veil, I almost didn't know what to think. It just sunk in all at once- I'm actually getting married. And then, as quickly as it came, the feeling passed. There wasn't a teary realization, there wasn't a sudden "this is the one!" moment...it just felt natural to be standing there in a white gown and a veil.

Oh, well. I've still got time to figure this out. But in the meantime...I love these dresses!
blog comments powered by Disqus