Monday, March 23, 2009

Musical Monday #...eh...9? We'll go with 9

(I accidentally hit enter after typing the title and it posted. Whoops. Now I'll fix it. Once I've picked a decent song...)

I have a confession to make.

I...am a Speed Racer fangirl.

I don't know how it started. I just know that I am. I mean, seriously. Look at him.

That doesn't work for you? How about THIS:

Seriously.

Sure, the movie didn't do that well in theaters, and when you watch it, your eyeballs might possibly burn a little. But it's fun. It's so much fun. The original show is silly and campy and over-the-top, and the movie pulled that off, while still making it seem serious. If that makes any sense.

(Also, as soon as I get a car, I have a Speed Racer clinging figure that is going up in the window the second I get it.)

Also, my car will be called the Mach 5.

(Also, my ultimate car is a white PT Cruiser, so I can stick a big ol' red 5 on the door.)

(Also, I'm a geek.)

But one of the best parts of the movie is the updated theme. And it gets STUCK IN MY HEAD on a disturbingly regular basis.

So, in order for you to enjoy the same awesomeness, here is the Speed Racer Theme, by Ali Dee and the Deekompressors.

(and please don't hold me liable if it gets stuck in your head!)

blog comments powered by Disqus