Friday, March 27, 2009

I've got more hope now!!

I've got one semester of school left, right? One last semester to pull out a noteworthy performance...if I can get cast.

So that's why I've been putting so much pressure on myself to get a stellar part. I'm out of the running for Death of a Salesman, because those rehearsals are taking place in the summer, while I'm in Disney. And then there's Guys and Dolls, which I would LOVE to play Adelaide in, but, while I'm a decent singer, there's a lot of other people who are better, so that's a risky thing to rely on.

So when Mike the Almighty Director announced yesterday that the season was changing, I was ECSTATIC.

We are now doing Death of a Salesman in February and Beau Jest in September, with rehearsals starting on August 17...

...which just so happens to be the week after I get back from Disney World! So I can conceivably be in it!!

I have a sneaking, sneaking, sneaking suspicion that this was arranged so that I can be in it. I really do. I'm not going to rely on that. I'm going to pick the best monologue and song I can find and prepare them and do my hardest if I get called back. But I feel a lot less panicky about pulling out a lead role before I graduate. I think I might do well with this.

So...the week of April 20th, I am going to be a MASSIVE BUNDLE OF NERVES.

Not even kidding.

But right now, I'm excited.
blog comments powered by Disqus