Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I was going to write a mopey blog entry from Guys and Dolls rehearsals, about how I was languishing in the theater, but they let me go after we finished "Sit Down, You're Rockin' The Boat." So I went home and ate chocolate ice cream instead.

I bet a lot of other people have discovered MakeMeBabies.com, but I find it absolutely hilarious. P and I will apparently procreate a new Anne Shirley:


babies
What do you think about my little new baby Anna Victoria Lily?
MakeMeBabies.com - What will your baby look like?

And our son is a pirate. Piratepants, Jr. But I love his curls.


babies
What do you think about my little new baby Gabriel Charles Brent?
MakeMeBabies.com - What will your baby look like?

(and if Zac Efron and I had a baby.)


babies
What do you think about my little new baby Sparkles McGee?
MakeMeBabies.com - What will your baby look like?

In P's favorite quote: "Whoa, uglay baby! Can't give those away!". It's slightly gratifying to know that even CyberLand, P and I will have cute babies. Of course, we've known that from the start. Kat was the first person I ever told about my crush on P (waaay back in the day, which was a Wednesday, by the way, in December 2005). The first words out of her mouth?

"You'll have cute babies! Don't tell Rose."

Of course, I didn't know why I couldn't tell Rose. I found out later that she dated P in high school and it, uh, didn't end well. Luckily, Rose knows, everyone's friends again, and she is tickled pink to inform people that she's a bridesmaid in her ex-boyfriend's wedding.

As silly as it is, seeing those goofy composite pictures makes me wonder what our real babies will look like. I'll admit it: I have babies on the brain.

P and I both want children. We really want children. As in five of them. But, like our wedding, we know we have to wait.

-We're really really young. We have plenty of time to start a family.

-I want him to be out of school and working full-time before we start adding babies to our lives. That's going to take a while for him to graduate.

-For pete's sake, we've waited nearly three years to get married! Let's enjoy it!

A lot of the wedding blogs I've browsed recently talk about life after the wedding, which inevitably leads to babies. There are so many brides who go right from planning their wedding to painting their nursery, and truth be told I'm a little jealous. It makes me think of the line in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers: "I've always wanted to be a June bride, and have a baby right off...in the spring, maybe."

P will be an absolutely amazing father. If we walk past a baby he has to stop and admire and make cute faces. He also confessed shortly before he proposed that one of his most important criteria for a future wife was that she would be a good mother, and that I won that battle hands down (which I am quite glad about).

Man, everything is baby-related. I'm watching frickin' Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and even Meatwad is pregnant. Oy.

For some brides, the timing works for them to go from a couple to a family right away. It's not going to work for us. We'll enjoy the heck out of our new marriage, don't get me wrong, but as soon as we're at a point that we can start trying for a baby, we are going to start!

That is, if we're able to get pregnant. When P was sixteen, he was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and there's a possibility because of medications he took then that we won't be able to have babies. But that, my friends, is a bridge we shall cross when we come to it.

On a lighter note, has anyone else watched I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS PREGNANT? (It must be written in all caps.) It's just like it sounds- women DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE PREGNANT and gave birth in cars and bathrooms and emergency rooms and they DIDN'T HAVE ANY PRENATAL CARE. The show is full of cheesy reenactments and a foreboding announcer. It gets to the point that everyone thinks they might be pregnant. I'm like, "Gaugh! Maybe I'm pregnant! Maybe I'm going to go into labor RIGHT NOW! Maybe I'm...oh, wait. Virgin. Never mind."

And with that, I shall close this slightly loopy, slightly emo entry. I guess I just want to let off a little steam about going from one waiting game to the next. But hey, at least once my wedding is taken care of, I'll be married to Patrick for good! And that, my friends, is worth the wait.
blog comments powered by Disqus