Thursday, October 1, 2009

Flowers, flowers, flowers!

I love flowers. I love getting bouquets after performances. I love studying packets of seeds at Home Depot. I love the look and feel and scent of flowers. P gave me two dozen roses when he proposed, for heaven's sake.

The problem?

I'm allergic.

It's so depressing. I love flowers, but they make me sneeze. And the last thing I want is to sneeze all the way through my wedding...especially when my sneeze sounds like a cat getting kicked. I have been the cause of many a classroom disruption. Ergo, I am going the route of silk flowers...even though I swore I would never ever use them. I thought they were tacky. But I'd rather carry fake flowers than have snot dripping onto my wedding dress during the ceremony. Gross.

(Besides, silk flowers are cheaper!)

So I'm going with silk flowers. I need to go purchase them...there's so many options that I don't know what to do! Luckily, I found an awesome website, Afloral.com. I sent them an email about my wedding colors, theme, and the flowers I liked, and they made me a super spiffy inspiration board of my very own!

Isn't it lovely? It's so soft and pretty. And these are actually all items I can order from the website.

There's only one trick. I don't know how I feel about blue roses. I think they're pretty, but I don't know if they're too much. I mean, blue roses=obviously fake. At the same time, I like them. What do you think? Could I get away with them?

Oh, well. What I know for sure is that I want roses and daisies, and probably lilies of the valley. Maybe something like this:

(minus the smiley face mug, of course...)

I want to wrap the stems with blue velvet ribbon and eyelet and drape a vintage strand of faux pearls around it. Maybe even tie a cameo or a locket to it. I don't know...it may be too much!

I'm going to make runs to JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, and Michaels and see what flowers I can dig up that look nice and match what I'm looking for. If I can't find enough there, I'm so hitting up Afloral.
blog comments powered by Disqus