Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday's Ten: TV!

So today's Thursday's Ten is television shows. I have to admit, I usually don't get into television shows until it's been canceled, and I see it in a rerun or on DVD, and then I get hooked. Sadness. And when I do watch a television show when it's actually still on the air, it tends to be of the animated variety.

Oh, well.

I probably watch a little more TV than I should, but I can't help it. I have to have something on when I'm cooking or sewing, otherwise I go crazy!

In any case, here are my top favorite TV shows:

#1: CSI: I love this show and I don't even know why. My freshman-year roommate used to watch it, and I was both grossed out and fascinated by it. Now I discovered that Spike airs marathons pretty much all day long. Love it!

#2: Arrested Development: This show is hilarious. Seriously. Not a week goes by wherein I do not hang my head and mournfully hum "Christmas time is here."

#3: Avatar: The Last Airbender: I watched this show starting on day one and I was there when it ended. A truly epic series. It's the only serie I've ever watched, actually, where every episode developed the plot rather than added filler.

#4: Family Guy: If you haven't watched it, you're missing out. On life.

#5: Glee: This is a new guilty pleasure, but it's hysterical. And the music is AMAZING. It's like Arrested Development (see #2 above) and High School Musical had a baby.

#6: iCarly: I shall not lie. I adore iCarly. I've only missed two episodes so far. My mother and I watch it all the time.

#7: America's Funniest Home Videos: A classic! My roomie/bestie/MOH Kat and I used to watch it every single night.

#8: Shaman King: So it's Japanese anime. I can't help it. I read my first chapter of the manga when I was only about fifteen, and I've followed the manga and the anime religiously. It has the absolute most compelling romantic storyline I've ever read. Ever. (take that, Twilight!)

#9: I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant: Basically TLC reenacts situations in which women Didn't Know They Were Pregnant? The best part of the show (besides the reenactments)? When the announcer declares in a deep voice that they "DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY WERE PREGNANT." I crack up every time.

#10: Golden Girls: I didn't start watching it until the past year, but it's so funny. I think I'm the most like Rose.

So there's my ten television shows! What do you think of them?
blog comments powered by Disqus