Sunday, April 26, 2009

Audition Purgatory: Day #7 (but no #6!)

This is the last time I talk about callbacks, I swear!

Callbacks for Beau Jest were on Friday night. My little sister was in her last high school show, a one-act called Check Please, at 6pm. Callbacks were at 6:30. Luckily, I just had to run through a parking lot to get there on time, so I was able to do both.

Deb is directing Beau Jest, which means one thing when she does callbacks: improv! We did scene add-ons, which was fun, and then some partner improv scenes. The best one was Matthew and Ashley. Their setup was that they were father and daughter, and she had scratched his car. It was hilarious, but the best line was Matthew shouting "No more xylophone lessons for you!" I did an improv scene with Ashley, but I wasn't that funny.

The readings went pretty well. I did all right, but I wasn't stellar. I honestly don't know how this is going to work out. Pretty much everyone who was called back for Beau Jest was called back for Guys and Dolls, too, so it's probably going to come down to scheduling. Especially since I found out that rehearsals for Beau Jest start on August 10...while I'm still in Disney. That, combined with the fact that I think Deb really wants Ashley to play Sarah, might put me in Guys and Dolls instead. But who knows? They might just have me come in a week late for rehearsals.

I don't know. And I won't know until Thursday or Friday. Gah. Now it's time to talk about other things.

The second callbacks for Guys and Dolls were over, my allergies hit full-force. Not even kidding. It's so bad I can't even wear my contacts. And for some reason, I've been getting cricks in my neck every night too. This is not a fun time.

And then last night was the middle school Girls Night Out at church. I helped out and orchestrated one of the games: dress-up improve. I brought in almost all of the costumes I own... about thirty or so!! It was a great time. But I'm so tired. So, so, so tired. Makes me feel old.

So yeah. Now it's exams week. Then, once exams are over, I move back home. Then, a week and a half later, I move to Orlando.

When will I get a break?! Probably never!
blog comments powered by Disqus