Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Audition Purgatory: Day #10

So things were going pretty well, just kind of dull. And full of work for exams. Life just going on.

And then we got an email today saying the cast list will be posted by 5pm.

I know, I know. You probably figure I'm excited, right?

Not really.

I kind of want to stay in my purgatory, this limbo of not knowing. Weird, isn't it? But there's a part of me that just really doesn't want to know.

I don't think I'm getting a part. I think I'm going to be a chorus member in Guys and Dolls, and that's if I'm lucky. I just don't have a good feeling about these results. Besides, I would rather resign myself to nothing and be pleasantly surprised later than to get my hopes way too high and be crushed later on.

I just don't think I'm going to get anything. Chalk it up as a victim of theater-department politics. Sure, i would dearly love to Adelaide, or Miriam, or even General Cartwright, at this point, but I don't think I'm getting anything.

The cast list is coming out at 5pm today, so I'll post later. And in the meantime, I'm going to celebrate that this is the last time I have to sit next to the girl who smells funny in World Lit I or the hacky-sack team of frat boys in Marriage and the Christian Home!
blog comments powered by Disqus