Friday, April 10, 2009

A week in review

Why is it I can always think of fascinating things to blog about when I'm NOT at a computer.

Oh, well.

Things have been going well on the Muffin Topple front. The focus on my eating habits has been mostly on eliminating white food- bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes. Which (except for rice) are all on my favorites list. It's been difficult, but I've been making it. And the exercise front is doing even better. I've worked out with Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred every day since Sunday, and I can actually see a semblance of a difference! It's tough as anything, but I solve the problem by making the workout part of my going-to-bed routine, so that, #1: I don't avoid working out, and #2: I can immediately collapse for several hours and not feel like a lazy slacker.

And to make everything even more worthwhile, two complete strangers on campus commented on how cute I looked, and several of my friend commented as well. One even said she could tell I lost weight!

Ego points for the win.

I've also been watching Ouran High School Host Club. Oh, man. I forgot how much I loved it! I used to be a big anime fan, but a couple years ago I got completely sick of it, partially because a girl I hung around with talked about anime and cosplay way too much, and it became a painful reminder of the fact that the girl was taking my best friend away. *cough* All right, enough with the emo. Since that girl went away, and things between me and my BFF are so much better, I am finally at the point where I can enjoy anime again. And seriously, Ouran is amazing. It's fluffy and funny and pretty and I DESPERATELY NEED TO PURCHASE IT BEFORE I LEAVE FOR ORLANDO.

The good news: I've been sewing like a fiend lately.

The bad news: I haven't photographed any of it.

Sad, right? Hopefully I can fix that. Especially the 1964 dress that I made for tonight, with vintage floral fabric. So cute!

Speaking of adorable dresses, hopefully I'll have one for tomorrow. P and I are FINALLY taking our engagement pictures. We've been engaged for nearly two years on the dot (April 19, 2007), and we've never taken pictures. Oh, well. They'll be awesome.

So yeah. That's what's up right now!
blog comments powered by Disqus